Wednesday

Pretty Good. Pretty, Damn, good.

Got together with a group of friends tonight to watch the election results and I've got to say, the McCain and Obama speeches were fantastic.

It's not often that you see a moment like this one - the culmination of a two year campaign, a horrible state of American affairs, the need for new leadership and the hope that comes with a new President.

We've blogged a lot about the successful tactics of Obama. He won Marketer of the year and, as a result, has tried a number of different things (from an iPhone app to In game advertising).

That being said, the most memorable point of this campaign is this image of Obama - Alone, silent and human.

Brands rarely execute their promise - no matter what it is. Obama is just a man, but his story of hope and change is much more than that. And that story helped to transform the American voter and make them do something they've never done before.

I've never felt as hopeful as I have tonight when it comes to politics. The Obama brand is something I believe in and I've been a loyal consumer for the last 12 months. I'm excited, thrilled and so happy that a brand has acheived it's promise.

Yes, we can.

2 comments:

Morgan Coudray said...

First of all, that picture is incredible! It clearly sums it.

Obama held all of his 'short term' promises to date which reassured many voters in their decision; he didn't bash on McCain the way the GOP tried to discredit him!!! The Obama brand is definitely strong and strongest on the Web! Today, I have great hope for the future of our planet!

I don't think his brand achieved its promise yet, it has only reached its ability to make those changes happen! However, he has inspired so many that part of his promise to deliver change has been achieved!
Great post.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments, Morgan.

I agree with you that he still has a lot to do in order to fulfill his promise. That being said, last night was the biggest moment of the campaign and - I think - the defining one.

Things will get better (how can they not?) and I'm excited to watch the next 4 years.

Thanks again!