Thursday

Mercedes and Josh - I am

Just watched this new spot from Mercedes. I have to say that, as a whole, automotive advertising get's me down. It tends to be all the same - little story, 15 seconds of the car and then a push to the website with the relevant, 'new age' car configurator. Some automotive brands have done amazing work (see Honda as a reference) but most are just bland, boring copies of each other.

I can't really remember a Mercedes campaign that I've enjoyed but something about Josh Brolin and a well shot, well-written script is resonating with me.

An older spot but one from the same campaign I find interesting as well - shot from the perspective of the car. Something you rarely see these days. It's also anti-advertising which I think is quite interesting (and delightfully post-modern).

What do you think?