Thursday

Excellent User Experience - The Open Championships

I am officially on 5 days of relaxation. This morning I woke up and turned on the Open Championships to see how my selections in the office pool are doing.

After about 10 minutes of waiting to see the full leaderboard I grabbed my laptop and went to the website where I was surprised by a great site with a wonderful user experience.

Golf has changed a lot over the last 10-15 years. Design, technology & innovation have had an incredible impact on the game, equipment, courses and now it is showing that they are applying it to how they market and communicate themselves.

The site does a wonderful job of including audio, video, blogs, use of google maps to look at players countries of origin, real-time leaderboards and real-time broadcast of the championships streamed on your computer. It is also screen reader compliant and full of other surprises.

Great job to the agency or team that created this site.

No comments: