Monday

XBox; Play

The first few times I saw this campaign, I didn't really enjoy it. It seemed to random, all over the place and just off.

But after seeing it more and more, it's hit me. I love the song (surprisingly it's "Don't Need Nothing but a Good Time" by Poison) and the upbeat tone and manner of the spot.

XBox already has the hardcore gamer market with games like Halo 2 and 3. Their new campaign focuses on the casual gamer who wants to have fun with friends and just play.

With the emergence of the Nintendo Wii as the next top gaming device, it's not surprising that XBox would go after a more casual target.

This campaign does a great job setting up the device in public places and allowing anyone to test out the device. The reactions of the crowd, hesitant but then exited to pick up the controller, are spot on - very indicative of someone like myself who just wants to try it out and see what it's like.

No comments: