Tuesday

TBWA Vienna makes me lose faith in Advertising

I believe I may have to resign today. Maybe go get a job driving the subway or commuter trains - it always seemed like fun.

Why do I have to quit my job? Because this Playstation ad below has been concieved, created, approved and media dollars spent to share it I have lost all faith in this industry. I just threw up on my laptop.

Maybe a thumb down there is to help you use the whammy bar when playing Guitar Hero.

Here is what I believe the creative team said when presenting:

"Imagine that man has evolved. He now lusts for and wants to play video games more than he wants to have sex. His body follows suit and evolves...growing a third thumb...but not where you would think. A thumb replaces his penis [ad revealed to client]".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lose faith?
It made me lose my lunch!
I'm struggling to think who that might appeal to? Not women -- they're not the primary target anyway. So that leaves...guys. Young, straight guys, mostly. Which kinda begs the question:
WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WERE THEY THINKING??